- Create scalable access control system for encrypted data in untrusted servers, which can be practically deployed to support both mobile and non-mobile users (e.g. secure group chat)
Existing Solutions and their Limitations
- Symmetric key/Public key cryoto/hidden URL based solutions: Dropbox, Google Drive; not scalable or not secure
- Existing solutions based on attributed-based encryption are computationally expensive and expensive in supporting user revocations
Outcomes / Deliverables
- MID-TERM: prototype for access control of encrypted data in group chat system/application
- FINAL: prototype system for access control of encrypted data supporting mobile devices and efficient user management (including user revocations)
Practical Applications and Impact
- Practical, scalable and secure solutions for encrypted data sharing in the cloud
- Untrusted server: untrusted for keeping data confidential and for enforcing access policies
- Data owner encrypts data and specifies access policy
- Data users can access data if their attributes satisfy the access policy
Significant Research Achievements
- We have created a suite of protocols and algorithms for highly efficient decryption and user revocation in attribute-based encryption systems, and have designed and implemented an attribute-based secure messaging system based on our patented technology.
Last updated on 09 Jun 2017 .